Monday, November 17, 2008

In Deep Thoughts......

Went through Proverbs 31 in both bible study as well as sunday sermon last week. hearing these verses are not the first time, one of the lady preacher has preached during the women conference a few months ago. the verses are written as follows:

Proverbs 31: Portrait of a Godly Woman
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. Strength and honor are her clothing; she shall rejoice in time to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

This is how bible describes a "Godly Woman". How I wish I am like that. *working hard*
well, "Should woman take up career?" or "Taking the role of mother-hood?" These are the questions that were stuck in my head after the sermon on sunday.

My pastor mentioned that, it will be best if woman can take up the role of being a mother meaning stayed at home and look after both the kids and husband. Well upon hearing this, one will be "eekk why should I do that??" as for me I began to wonder. will i just stay at home after i have kids? or will i continue to work? I always have this qn in my mind. I have frens who once told me that I am the kind that will stay at home to be housewife and take care of my husband and kids. so they said that I shouldn't study so much cos in the end I will still be staying at home. "Will I??" can't deny the fact that I would like to see my kids grow. ppl will say tat you can still see them grow even if you are working.... but tat is different isn't it.. working... it takes up most of the time and the amount of time mingle with the kids will be at its minimum... haiz... difficult decision indeed...

coming to think of it, I worried too much haha, I dun even have a boyfren -_-
The issue abt boyfren.... someone asked me the other day, wat are my criteria in looking for "the one"?
Here goes:
  1. must be christian
  2. height = >178cm
  3. skin = dark (chinese)
  4. either malaysian or singaporean (if malaysian must be willing to come over to s'pore, cos I am not going over to malaysia
  5. must be a graduate
  6. must be older than me

am I asking for too much?? Ans = YES

Of course I am kidding, is just to irritate those who asked me. but he must be a christian. tat's for sure. well if you ask me, I would say someone whom i can get along with. and of course love me. I dun really go for looks, i believed is the personality that counts.

Why is it so difficult to find "the one"? Am I being PICKY?? -_-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home